You are here
Washburn Science Fair
The 2019 Washburn Science Fair for grades 3-5 will take place on. Students will display their project in the gym in the morning and present their project in the evening.
To participate, follow 3 simple steps:
- Complete the registration form (linked below.) Once you turn in your registration form, you will be added to the Science Fair Google Classroom.
- Complete the Google Classroom hyperdoc to gain approval for your project and to receive your project display board.
- Get your free project display board and gather your materials. Have fun creating your project and bring it to school by April 5.
- Come with your family and friends to the Science Fair on in the Washburn gym.
Resources to get started:
- registration form (English) (Spanish)
- guidelines for creating a good question
- project ideas
- sample display board
- project types (select one):
- experiment project
Science Fair Guide
- registration forms due
- March-April: coaching and support, gather materials, work on project
- March 14, 19, and April 4: After school help sessions from 3:20-5:00 (Camp Washburn students can take the Camp Washburn bus home at 4:30)
- April Project displays/materials due
- : Science Fair from 6:00-7: . All students, family teachers are welcome.
The Washburn Science Fair is a great way for you to have fun with your friends while learning about biology, chemistry, our natural environment, and more. You can create something fun, test out a hypothesis, and learn something new and cool. Try out an individual or group project.
Top 5 finishers by grade will be eligible for a prize.
Web Sites & Ideas
- Mrs. Carver, Washburn science teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Christensen, 3rd grade teacher, email@example.com
- Mrs. MacPhail, 5th grade teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sponsored by the Washburn Elementary PTA.