You are here
Washburn Science Fair
Students in grade 3-5 can enter our annual science fair competition. Students present their science fair project results in the form of a report, display board, and/or models that they have created. Each class has the opportunity to attend the Science Fair during the day and family views it during the evening.The 2019 Washburn Science Fair for grades 3-5 will take place on . Students will display their project in the gym in the morning and present their project in the evening.
- Complete the registration form (linked below.) Once you turn in your registration form, you will be added to the Science Fair Google Classroom.
- Complete the Google Classroom hyperdoc to gain approval for your project and to receive your project display board.
- Get your free project display board and gather your materials. Have fun creating your project and bring it to school by April 5.
- Come with your family and friends to the Science Fair on in the Washburn gym.
- registration form (English) (Spanish)
- guidelines for creating a good question
- project ideas
- sample display board
- project types (select one):
- experiment project
- registration forms due
- March-April: coaching and support, gather materials, work on project
- March 14, 19, and April 4: After school help sessions from 3:20-5:00 (Camp Washburn students can take the Camp Washburn bus home at 4:30)
- April Project displays/materials due
- : Science Fair from 6:00-7: . All students, family teachers are welcome.
- Mrs. Carver, Washburn science teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Christensen, 3rd grade teacher, email@example.com
- Mrs. MacPhail, 5th grade teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org